All you need to learn the art of macrame is two hands and some rope. In this workshop, you will create a plant hanger that can stylishly hold any pot. These plant hangers utilize some of the most important knots in macramé, including the gathering knot, square knot, and half square knot. Once you learn these skills, you can create large and more intricate pieces on your own. Each student will leave class with a completed macrame plant hanger ready to hold a plant of your choice.
Students will leave class with an instruction packet and a quick guide to macrame, including directions for other knots and techniques not covered in class.
Cancellation policy: Flexible
> If the asker cancels more than 1 day(s) before the start of the booking, he is reimbursed 100 % of the amount paid
> If the asker cancels less than 1 day(s) before the start of the booking , he is reimbursed 50 % of the amount paid
Choose from two booking options:
1. Supply your own materials! You will need 32 yards of 3mm macrame cord( cut into 8x 3-yard pieces and 2x 1-yard pieces), a 2" wooden ring, scissors, and tape.
2. Purchase a macrame kit from us that includes:
● 32 yards of pre-cut 100% cotton 3mm macrame cord
● 2" wooden ring
About the instructor: Jennie Lennick is the founder, creative director, and designer behind Jenny Lemons. She has been obsessed with fiber arts for the last 25 years and has taught hundreds of people through her in-person workshops.
● East Coast: If ordering a kit 5-6 days before the class, you need to select Priority Shipping to ensure your package arrives in time. The cutoff for delivery is 5 days before the event.
● West Coast: If ordering a kit 3 days prior to the class, you need to select Priority Shipping at checkout to ensure your package arrives in time. Curbside Pickup only 2 or fewer days to class.
Jenny Lemons is a colorful clothing company and DIY art school run by San Francisco based artist Jennie Lennick. Our shop is a working studio where we design our products, carry the work of other local artisans, offer DIY workshops, and sell a curated selection of art supplies.
Since opening our doors in 2019, we have hosted thousands of people in our creative workshops and carry the work of over 150 independent artists.
We are passionate about teaching others to slow down and create things by hand. We love helping our students make items to beautify their homes and give as gifts while learning traditional craft techniques. All of our teachers are formally trained artists, and bring this perspective into their teaching- we encourage students to experiment, express themselves, and have fun!